Akwaboah And Strongman Still Get Paid Though They're Not On My Label - Sarkodie

Ghanaian rap icon Sarkodie has revealed that he continues to financially support his former label signees even after they have departed from his label. In an exclusive interview with Angela Yee on the prestigious "Way Up Show" in New York City, Sarkodie shared his profound empathy for artists like StrongMan and Akwaboah, who were previously signed to his Sarkcess Music label.

The rapper, affectionately known as the 'Landlord,' explained that he had a distinct approach to artist management, emphasizing fairness, mutual respect, and genuine care for the well-being of his artists. He expressed, "I feel for them, and I want to give them what I would want if I were in the same situation."

Sarkodie disclosed that during their time with his label, he offered each artist a 50/50 percentage sharing arrangement, despite being the sole financier of their careers. This gesture reflects what he himself would desire if he were in their position. He candidly stated during the interview, "Probably I was one of the only labels that would give a 50/50 percentage while I was investing in their careers because that's what I would want for myself."

Even after the artists have moved on from his label, Sarkodie affirmed that his label continues to support them financially. He proudly stated, "All my artists had a good run with me, and they still get paid though they're not on my label."

This interview marks the first time the renowned rapper has opened up about matters related to his label and former artists, years after they left to pursue their own career goals. Sarkodie emphasized that his commitment to looking out for artists stems from his genuine concern for their well-being and success.

In summary, Sarkodie, the Ghanaian rap icon, shared his compassionate approach to artist management, expressing that he still financially supports his former label signees even after their departure. His commitment to fairness and care for the artists has extended beyond their time with the label, and he continues to support them in their individual careers.

Post a Comment

0 Comments