I Don't See Myself Going To The University Anytime Soon, Yaw Tog Opens Up.

At just 20 years old, Thorsten Owusu Gyimah, popularly known as Yaw Tog, expressed his unconventional perspective in an interview with Hello FM in Kumasi. The rapper, famous for his track 'Sore' and its remix featuring Stormzy and Kwesi Arthur, shared his belief that pursuing university education alone would not provide him with the means to sustain himself in life.

During the interview, Yaw Tog explained further that he is currently focused on his music career and stated, "I am doing music, I am working at the moment, University won't provide me with the means to sustain myself in life." He further elaborated on his reasoning, mentioning the burden of tuition fees and the impact it would have on his family. He questioned, "If I enrol now, who will bear the burden of my tuition fees?"

The CEO of TogLife Music boldly revealed his plan to prioritize building a financial foundation before pursuing higher education. He emphasized, "I have really planned my life in a way that I know when I'll go back to school, so I'm saving for my university." While he acknowledged the support he receives from his parents, he recognized that his current status doesn't allow him to rely on them for certain needs. He shared, "My parents are supporting me, but at my current status, I can't go to my mother for certain things."

Yaw Tog, who attended Opoku Ware School and studied in the General Arts program, achieved impressive grades in subjects such as English Language and Social Studies, with his lowest grade being a C5 in Economics during the 2021 WASSCE (West African Senior School Certificate Examination). While his grades could potentially secure him a place at a university of his choice, pursuing higher education doesn't seem to be in his plans at the moment.

Do you think it's a good idea to pause education and chase money? Drop your thoughts in the comment box.

Post a Comment

0 Comments